Our faith growth is an important part of our Christian lives and our walk with Jesus. We want to provide the tools and the worship experience for each person to GROW their faith. Regular worship is an important part of that growth. Personal devotions, Bible studies and time spent in prayer help nourish our faith.
Gloria Dei offers Bible Studies in our Women’s Circles, a Thursday morning hour of prayer, an adult education class and various small group studies.
Daily devotional books are available at the church as well as online. Sunday School and Confirmation are an important part of the faith development of our children.
Below we have included a few tools and resources to help you with your journey of spiritual growth. Our hope is that you will use and share these tools so that you will develop a closer relationship with the Lord and a deeper understanding of His Word.
Follow along in our Embedded Bible tool with one of the sermons or your Devotions or just to help you through your day.
Blue Letter Bible (Broad range of study tools. Many of the books for study reference, such as concordances, word studies, lexicons, can be accessed down by clicking on individual verses or even individual words.)
Bible Study Tools (Also a very good set of study tools. Better access to cross-references in the text than Blue Letter Bible, but not as many study reference works.)
YouVersion (good parallel Bible)
Bible Reading Plans
Wednesday Worship 6:00 PM
Traditional Worship Sunday 8:00 AM
Sunday School & Adult Ed 9:00 AM
Praise Worship Sunday 10:30 AM
Holy Communion is offered the 1st and 3rd Wednesday and Sunday of each month. Gloria Dei practices open communion and all believers are welcome to the Lord’s Table.
Communion will be offered the 1st and 3rd Wednesday and Sunday of each month. It will be offered on the Saturday preceding Sunday communion.
Below are links to religious resources that may be helpful in personal study or other matters related to our service to Christ..
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
- Baker’s Evangelical Dictionary
- Condensed Bible Cyclopedia
- Easton’s Bible Dictionary
- Hitchcock’s Bible Names
- Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia
- Smith’s Bible Dictionary
- Vine’s Expository Dictionary
Map and Atlas Tools
- Manna Bible Maps (Presentation and Print Maps and Timelines)
- Discovering… series
- Printable maps from The Interactive Bible website
- BibleMap.org (Bible text tied to places on Google Maps)
- OpenBible.info (Place markers for all the places in the Bible, and overlays of Ancient Jerusalem, for the Google Earth application. Using this will be somewhat more advanced than using the web links on this page, but the ability to visualize the Bible’s geography in Google Earth is remarkable and different from any other tool.)